Well we want to share some simple steps on planning your wedding in 3-months or less. There are a number of important things you need to get in place for the big day!
Step 1: Deal with the Basics
- Discus your venue options and secure your space immediately.
- Secure an officiant.
- Hire a Wedding Planner, they will assist you with all of the steps!
- Skip save the dates and send out your invitations. Another quick way is to send out digital wedding invites, create a facebook invite so you can get information out quickly.
Step 2: attire
- Get your wedding dress. I would reach out to your local wedding shop first. You may also be able to find second-hand dress shops in your area.
- Order your bridesmaid dresses. There are tons of online options for ordering gowns.
- Get your groom and groomsmen suited. There are a few online tuxedo rental services, which have tools for measuring.
Step 3: the necessities
- Apply for your marriage license.
- If you're planning a honeymoon immediately after the wedding, choose and book an all inclusive vacation. You won't have to worry about going over budget, or planning anything other than your packing list, and excursions.
Step 4: Contracted Wedding Guests
- Book your photographer and videographer.
- Hire a caterer.
- Hire your baker for your wedding cake.
- Hire your DJ/Band. Reach out to local wedding groups, like 509bride.com as there are some great resources on this website.
- Hire your florist. There are a number amazing florists in our area.
Step 5: pre-wedding festivities
- Create your registry at one place with lots of price point options.
- Have one bridal shower and ask your bridesmaids to help plan the food, décor and games. Teamwork will help ease your stress.
- Keep your bachelor and bachelorette parties close to home. This way, you can save money and you don't have to worry with transportation hassles.
As always, we wish you happy and stress free planning, and we always offer our clients a 1-hour complimentary consultation. We service Oregon and Washington state, as well as traveling beyond.
Trixie Ortiz, Owner, Senior Designer